2009년 4월 25일 토요일

Having Something Over Exciting, The Movie ‘A.I.’ - Column #3.



A.I.(Artificial Intelligence) is one of my favorite movies in my life. No, it is the very movie that I couldn’t forget about it. In my memory, this movie is crying. When I was in junior high, maybe 13years old, I went to the theater with my friends to see A.I. We expected to watch this movie because movie director was Steven Spielberg and my favorite child actor Haley Joel Osment was in that movie! That is the first time to go to movie and but the ticket my own self, so my expectation is really high and after movie end I couldn’t stop crying and my eyes are swollen. The theater is small and old, sound also not good but it was not matter to touch my heart. It might be effect of atmosphere? The image about movie A.I. is dark, cold, sad, but warmhearted. As time goes by, I forgot details about this movie I just can remember that I impressed by this movie and for a while this movie was my best movie.

Now, I’m 22 years old and to 22-year-old big girl this movie is quite wired feeling. A.I. is still dark, cold and sad but it is little bit different from the past. At first, I impressed by computer graphic which is looks pretty well past seven years. However, the main thing which I impressed is camera angle of every scene. I haven’t thought about Steven Spielberg’s abilities but through this movie, I recognize why he can be world famous director. He uses the reflection and refraction very effectively and makes his own world. Without fast beat music like a horror movies he can make cold and creepy atmosphere in the movie.

In addition, I re-found the worthy of actors. I know Haley Joel Osment has real good talent but through this movie he makes me fan of him. He has very warm and tender face but his blue eye and not changed face expression make me sad and sometimes scary. At that time, he was young boy but he looks real ‘David’, a child robot, not ‘real’ thing. I cannot deny everybody who appear in this movie show really good act, but without this little boy they cannot make this level movie.
Frankly speaking, in the past the only thing I thought after movie is just pity for David, but now I felt more pity for the human than for David, a robot. Until now I cannot find the meaning of this movie that director intended to show to audiences but I can have some question to find the meaning. As time goes by, people make more and more develop culture and technology.

However, this high-level culture and technology cannot give love to human beings. People always feel lack of love and lack of emotions, so they try to make the world that can buy the love. I don’t know well but I thought programmed love is not real love because robots are not human. It just followed human’s behavior. This movie just shows to us our society’s sad portrait, following not real thing.

I know this movie is not sold well and not evaluated well, but I think this movie ask us quite serious questions. Someone said this movie is so boring but I think it has worthy to see even once. It has something over an exciting.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기